Do you enjoy spending time out fishing on the weekends? What about using live bait? The key to using live bait, especially on the longer trips, is keeping it alive. Using a live bait cooler is one of the best ways to keep those bait fish kicking so you can catch that record bass. The Engel bait cooler is perfect for your needs.
The Engel cooler can be your secret weapon to catch all the fish. With the live bait aerator you will have no problem keeping you bait alive. This live bait cooler is designed with the professional fisherman in mind.
Engel Cooler Features and Details
The Engel live bait cooler is made of Molded Polystyrene Insulation. The MPI keeps the water temperature perfect for your bait. The coolers high impact plastic makes for a long life, easy cleanup and the best thing is it does not hold the odor. The lid has a water tight gasket to avoid water leaking out during transportation.
The overall design and build of the livewell cooler is heavy duty quality material. The hinges and latches are built to last for a long time. One of the great features for this bait cooler is the livewell aerator. It is adjustable so you can run at various speeds to save battery as you start to use your live bait.
- Livewell aerator runs off of 2 D Size batteries when on the go. When you are in your boat or vehicle you can plug Engel bait cooler into the cigarette lighter to save the batteries.
- Heavy duty handle and shoulder strap makes the live bait cooler easy to carry.
- Two speed air pump to help conserve battery as your live bait stock decreases.
- Molded Polystyrene Insulation to keep the bait warm if you are ice fishing and cool if you are fishing during the middle of the dog days of summer.
- Watertight to avoid spillage of water during transport.
- Available in a 19 qt and 30 qt size to fit your needs.
Engel Bait Cooler Pros
- Keeps the bait fish alive for several days.
- 12v cigarette lighter plugin to save battery life.
- 2 different livewell aerator speeds to adjust based on the amount of bait to help save battery.
- High efficiency insulation to keep the fish warm when ice fishing and cool in the dog days of summer.
Engel Bait Cooler Cons
- The livewell aerator is not waterproof.
- Rear hinges are heavy duty but would be better if they were metal like the front closures.
- While this cooler has the ability to plug into a cigarette lighter it would be great if there was a standard wall adaptor.
Engel Bait Cooler Conclusion
Engel bait coolers are a great option to keep your bait alive to give you the ultimate fishing advantage. There are a few cons with the Engel bait cooler but all in it is still an easy 4 out of 5 stars.